Thursday, July 13, 2006

Baby Lucifer

Well, on from my most recent spate a health issues.

I'm fine. A shot of antibiotics, an ultrasound, and a couple of other things later, it's been proven that I will not die.

On to some of the cool things that I wish I could take pictures of:

yesterday, when we came home, there was a Cardinal and two goldfinches eating the sunflowers in the backyard.

I just finished the 'Morell Family Yarn'. I turned it into a cool super-coil, two ply that is curly and soft.

I dyed. A lot. Some great tencel and merino that looks like silk.

I still can't spin silk worth dog crap, but it's getting there.

I want, no, need, no, desire a drum carder.

The professor's fiber languishes in a cupboard. I have not started spinning for his sweater. I sort of think that I should finish his first sweater, what do you think? Yeah, that's what I thought.

The standstill on the house continues. I am lazy, and the good doctor is busy...up to his eyeballs in classes. Soon, they will be over. I'm voting for the back of the house to be 'finished', cause it looks like trash. However, when there is no work on the house, there is no stress over the work. Neat.

I go to Portland, to the ACS, soon. Wish me luck! I am only taking a sock to knit on the plane. That's it. No more. Why? Well, because Portland has an amazing yarn shop, that sells fiber. And wheels.

Is it wrong? Sure it is.

That's why I like it.

No comments: