Friday, October 20, 2006

New Yarns, upcomming Craft Fair, and Fiber time


Okay, so I had a great time with Sarah, who came over and did some fibery stuff the other day.


We spun, and fondled fiber, and she crocheted. The picture is the finished yarn that I was spinning...I'm calling it 'Grape Jelly' and it's super soft, shiny and delovely. It's in the shop.

Sarah took some hand spun to make into a sample.


People who love fiber are cool.


My right hand (whom I call Mr. Burns), won't let me knit all that well yet. The funky way my hand now sits on my arm is probably at fault...that, and the fact that I can't really bend it, and I have no strength in it. But. No Cast. Groovy.


I'm now experimenting with some royal purple for her, to pay her in trade.


There are some new yarns up in the shop. I am doing the Handmade Market on the 29th of October, right before I fly to California. Cali. Wine. Groovy. Beckmen Vineyards. Hitching Post. Santa Inez. Groovy.

Wine. Yum. -insert Homer Simpson sound of food happiness here-


The new job type thing that I'm doing for the Hospitality Mines is fun. I am the voice of all wine education, which is cool. I just go in, talk about wine, and leave. Pretty fucking ideal, I have to say. I can't beleive that I'm getting paid just to do that.
Cheese world is edging up onto crunch time, and we've had some amazing wine sales...we're already ahead of where we were last season...
So, off to teach about wine.






1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good luck at the craft fair! Let me know how it goes. I always do my best when people can touch and feel the yarns. Remember to bring snacks and a bottle or two of water.