Thursday, September 27, 2007

I'll do it myself


Soooo,


Things were great, and not too crazy, and everything look fine, and then:


Fitted Knits let me down a little.


I'd been whizzing through the Airy Lace Wrap Cardigan, and was down to the cables (yes, cables), when suddenly the pattern stopped making sense. Now, granted, it could very well be that it's because I've never done cables before. And, I understand that my learning curve is, well, pretty steep. Oh, and I know that I'm not a great knitter. I do it for fun. I like knitting and spinning...a whole bunch. I just feel no need to go out and learn how to knit faster, or smarter or better, because, it's not a contest.


I tried it, it looked stupid, because both cables are snuggled up next to each other, and not on opposite sides of the cardigan. I'm I on the crack?


I seriously don't know. I'm setting that puppy aside for a tiny bit, and returning to my old friend, fingerless mitts. Ah, simple tubes with a thumbhole, how sweet you are.


So, if anyone has knit this thing, and you have input, or simply are smarter than me, please, feel free to drop a line, and let me know.


Cheeseworld is opening, and as the date aprroaches, I realize that I simply have a ton to do, because my job got bigger. As much as I love this job (and, I really, really, really do), this comes at a suck time, 'cause now that there's a chill in the air, and the light has changed, I'm ready to spin and knit.


I lost my mojo all summer, and now desperately just want to sit around drinking coffee while I listen to podcasts and surf ravelry, and knit.

Oh, wait, that's what I did last week...oh, and Monday. Oh, and...maybe I should shut up now.


This is where I digress, and talk about how cool Ravelry is. And how nifty it is.


I'm on the 'pro' ravelry team. It's because quite fashionable to hate it in some circles, but, I really think that it's a great knitting resource. I'm always hesitant about 'community' on the internets.

I didn't expect it to take the place of my best friends, and I didn't think I'd meet all these cool people who would usher me inside the velvet rope of 'cool' knitters.
That would be left to me.
That said, because of Ravelry, I've gotten an offer to do some
*gasp*
writing about knitting for something quite large.
No, until that first piece is published, and it's out there, and you all can read it, I'm not telling where or when. Because those things aren't set yet.
I just got a lovely little PM that said that I was articulate, and had good ideas.
Wow. Thanks.
And, that they were wondering if I wanted to write for them?
Yes, yes I would.


3 comments:

errs said...

Congratulations on your super-secret writing project.

Tell me about your cable problems... -- you can PM on Ravelry or on Knitty boards. I've got the pattern at home. cables aren't that hard. promise.

Carina said...

Sweet! Take the writing job and run with it! That sounds uber-cool. :-D

Oh, and what is this Cheeseworld you speak of? Does it have sheep's milk cheeses (the only kind I can eat)? *droooool*

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

congratulations! How freaking awesome for you!