Friday, June 09, 2006

Oh, I laugh and laugh

So, yesterday this was what I got in my email:

edits have been made to protect the guilty

"Minion,
>
> Do you have any restrictions next week? The Manager that was really good, but is leaving us, will be gone as of Saturday
> the 10th. Can you work
> everyday, including Monday as we are doing some "deep cleaning" No
> really,
> what's your deal?
>
> Love, The Two Overlords"


Oh, yes, I laugh and laugh, because these fuckers have had over a month to find a new manager. And they haven't.

Nor have they discussed me taking more hours. I think, juding by this email, that they might have assumed some stuff, but there was no discussion.

This was the answer:

"Overlords
Um, no that's not workable, because I am visiting the old man and Her this week.
I will be out of town until Wednesday sometime, probably the evening.

Minion"

What I really want to say is

Fuck you. You haven't found a replacement, and you assume that I'm going to do it? If I were you,I would stop making assumptions, 'cause I'm not the one holding my balls in my hand, am I?

Perhaps you could have one of those 'sit downs' that you're so fond of, and actually try asking me how available I could be to the company.
That's a new idea, but by gosh, I think it just might work.

So, tonight, I will return to the hospitality mines, and work, and we'll see how this is all going to play out.

No comments: