Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Summer. Whah. Boom. Crash

So, we've had houseguests. The good kind. The kind where you are all "You guys don't really have to leave in August, right? You can just stay here forever."

However, since I love our houseguests, I haven't been doing much blogging. I have been doing some knitting, and frankly, I'll be taking some pictures, soon, 'cause I know that pictureless blogging, is sooooo, like, uncool and boring.

Knittingwise...Fingerless gloves are almost done. I just have to do a thumb, and then finished.

I started slippers for Dan, and the Fuzzy Feet (from knitty.com) are halfway done.

Socks of Hate? Still one lonely sock. fuck them.


Winewise?
Gruner Veltliner. Wine of the Summer. Oh, and dry reisling.
I can hear you now. "Reisling isn't dry, it's sweet. I know this 'cause I spent one summer in Germany and..." Shut up now. Wine doesn't decide how sweet it is. Winemakers follow their heart. Sometimes, local tradion rules their heart (like in Germany). Sometimes they just want to drink a delicious, aromatic reisling...and they make it dry.

Try 2006 Charles Smith Winery's
"Kung Fu Girl" Reisling, Washington State

It's about 14-16 bucks almost everywhere.

I'll wait.

Okay, now wasn't that amazing? Aren't you like, falling all over yourself? Me too, the first time I tried one.
Think about it, how many other wines have you not tried 'cause you made assumptions?
Get out there and drink.

4 comments:

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I'm writing it down! I'm writing it down! Dry Reisling here I come!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Alcoholic assumptions. Mmmm.

Anonymous said...

I still have homemade syrah in my eye from yesterday...I'll be the wine of the month yet....

russen said...

I actually tried the Kung Fu girl! It was the week that I discovered how to ride my bike all over wicker park, and just wandered into Bin.

I bought it for 2 reasons,
1) Everything on that shelf is at least Great, if not Awesomely Great.
2) Good marketing on the label/name.

And yeah, it really was fantastic. I <3 rieslings.