Monday, February 26, 2007

Thanks, no really, I mean it.

Okay, so it seems that I have not missed the knittig and books thing.


I can breath, thanks to knitmongrel.

So, really what have I done in the last few weeks, knit-wise.

Finished the sweater for Izzy.

Little, pink, fuzzy, and very, very, very, late.

I'm going to ask her daddy for a picture in it, because even though she wore the thing non-stop last weekend I have not one decent photo.

Finished Sweater for Dr. Al.
He hasn't let me block it. It's finally finished. It was about the 2nd thing I'd ever started, and it was in a bag, mellowing. I finially seamed it together, and then worked the sleeves in the round.

I'm now working on the lace leaf pull over from Teva Durham's book, and I've finished both sleeves.

Thing is, I found out when I worked on Izzy's sweater, that I suck ass at seaming. That, and I can't find a good pictured of how to do the fucking mattress stitch. Thank god Izzy's five, because otherwise, she'd simply turn her nose up at the mess that was her sleeve seams. Knitting for children is good.

Not even Domaknitrix, who has some of the best photo tutorials out there, gives me a good picture.
I know that it's supposed to be easy, and intuitive. That's just not me.

I'm now obsessed with Norwegian knitting and colorwork. Just the thing that when I started knitting, I wrinkled up my nose at, and thought, "Ew, just not for me, ever".

Well, now that I'm haunting Amazon for a copy of "Poems in Color" as history of Bohus-style knitting, I think we all know who's laughing last, and loudest.

Hint:

It's not me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I suck at seaming too. I couldn't find a mattress seam tutorial anywhere that made any sense, so I basically just started seaming in a way that looked ok to me, and went from there. I doubt I'm doing it right, but now (the sixth damn sweater) I'm finally getting good at it.

Y'know, there are tailors around chicago that will finish sweaters for you. I've been thinking about it. Freakin seaming.

Glad I could give you some peace about the whole knit/read thing. Hope to see you there.

KniTdds said...

Hey!!

Are you getting my emails?

I was wondering if we could meet in Evanston on Saturday? I forget where you come from. . .

email me!

Cheers,T

Anonymous said...

You are obsessed with Norwegian knitting and I am obsessed with Norwegian Black Metal.

You aren't thinking of leaving Black Metal, ARE YOU?